The Association will be called ASSOCIATION OF IRISH POWERCHAIR FOOTBALL and will be affilated to the FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION of IRELAND.
2: VISION STATEMENT
To enable every person in Ireland to particiapte in our game, to allow all involved in the game to reach their full potential, whatever level that might be, and to inspire the nation through international success at the highest level
3: AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the organization will be:
- To provide a safe, friendly, positive, social and community football environment for all participants;
- To offer coaching and competitive opportunities in POWERCHAIR FOOTBALL;
- To promote the association within the local community and nationality;
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the association;
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone;
- Encourage the development of our coaches and volunteer staff through the provision of courses and relevant training;
- Develop and maintain links with other Football For All Partners and competitions throughout the Ireland & Europe;
- To remain in touch with the needs of its members and potential members, and place these needs at the forefront of any developments within the association;
- To increase the association's membership through PR, marketing and innovative open sessions;
- To hold a central database of all members, coaches and officials within the association;
- To continually seek applicable funding and finance so that the aims and objectives of the association can be fulfilled.
- To ensure all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment;
- Membership should consist of officers and members of the association.
- All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the association will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of practice that the association has adopted.
- Members will be enrolled in one of the following categories
- Full Member
- Associate Member
- Junior Member
- Life Member
- The Committee shall maintain a register of affilated members that shall be available uopn request.
5: MEMBERSHIP FEES
- Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Board's Committee or determined at the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Fees will be paid: by daily/weekly/monthly/annual subscription
6: OFFICERS OF THE BOARD
- The officers of the asscoiation will be:
- Player Representative
- Club Representative
- Ordinary members x 2
- The association may also consider the folloing positions:
- Vice Chair
- Publicity Officer
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Any other relevant position
- Officers will be elected annually at the AGM
- All officers will retire each year but will be eligible for re-appointment
The association will be managed through the Association Board consisting of;
- NAMES OF OFFICER POSTS Only these posts will have the right to vote at meetings of the Association Board
- The Association Board will be convened by the Secretary of the association and held no less than 4 MEETINGS per year.
- The quorum required for business to be agreed at Management Committee meetings will be 50% of the Association Board.
- The Association Board will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of practice and rules that affect the organisation of the association.
- The Association Board will have powers to appoint sub-committees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Association Board aas necessary to fulfil its business.
- The Association Board will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the association rules/regulations/constitution. The Association Board will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
- The Association shall operate as a not-for-profit sporting organization
- All association monies will be namked in an account held in the name of the association
- The association treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the assocation , recording all income and expenditure, which can be made available upon request.
- The financial year of the association will end on / /
- An audited statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the AGM.
- There will be 3 cheque signatories and each cheque shall require 2 of the 3 signatories to draw funds against the Association bank account. The signatories must be the treasurer, the chair and either vice chair, secretary or another management committee member.
9: ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS
- The association shall hold an AGM not more than 15 months after the last AGM, meeting at such time and place as determined.
- Notice of AGMs will be given by the Association Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days notice to be given to all members.
- The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Association Board and a statement of the audited accounts.
- Nominations for officers of the Association Board will be sent to the Secretary prior to the AGM.
- Elections of officers are to take place at the AGM. All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
- The quorum for AGMs will be 25% of membership
- The Association Board has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings ( EGMs) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM.
10: SAFEGUARDING MEMBERS
Association of Irish Perchair Football is fully committed to safeguarding the well beingof its members. Every individual in the organization should, at all times, show respect and understanding for their rights, safety and welfare, and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the orgaization and the guidelines provided by our governing body and contained in the Safeguarding Guidance for Children & Young People in Sport.
11: EQUITY POLICY STATEMENT
Association of Irish Powerchair Football is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following definition of sports equity:
" Sports equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society."
- The association respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- The association is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harrassment and abuse.
- All association members have a responsibilty to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- The association will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, according to association disciplinary procedures.
12: DISCIPLINE AND APPEALS
- All concerns, allegations or reports of poor practice/abuse relating to the welfare of children and young people will be recorded and responded to swiftly and appropriately in accordance with the association's safeguarding children and young people policy and procedures. The association 's Child Welfare Officer is the lead contact for all members in the event of any safeguarding concerns.
- All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be presented and submitted in writing to the Secretary.
- The Association Board will meet to hear complaints within 14 days of a complaint being lodged. The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
- The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person ho lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within 7 days of the hearing.
- There will be the right of appeal to the Association Board following disciplinary action being announced. The committee should consider the appeal within 14 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
A resolution to dissolve the association can only be passed at the AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
In the event of dissolution, any assets of the association that remain will become the property of THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION OF IRELAND OR SOME OTHER ASSOCIATION WITH SIMILAR OBJECTIVES TO THOSE OF THE ASSOCIATION.
14: AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION
The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority at an AGM or EGM